Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tyra Banks was Right.

Many of you know my feelings on Tyra Banks. If you watch "The Soup" your feelings on her are probably similar to mine. I think she's insane, somewhat hypocritical, and downright strange.

Many of you may be thinking "what does Tyra have to do with the Yukon"? Good question team. My answer is simple... smiling with your eyes.

I'll let you think on that one for a second.

I was walking home today from getting groceries. Wearing my columbia jacket (which is Yukonnily inadequate), my big fat abercrombie hoodie, my long sleeve campus crew shirt, my McMaster pj sweatshirt with the hideous bleach stain. On the top. On the bottom I was wearing my spectacular brand new long underwear which has the perfect amount of spandex, my old navy old school yoga pants before yoga pants were cool (circa lululemon's inception), my umbro pants which are a tasteful maroon, and my big old sweats on top. I had a scarf over my nose and my toque on.

The point is.....

If I were to smile at a casual passerby on the street this simple gesture would be lost on them. And it came to me. Smiling with my eyes. Damn you Tyra. It works. I need to practice my eye smiling.

1 comment:

J. William Finch said...

Tyra Banks bothers me. The skin of her face looks like... I don't know, someone took the skin off a cooked chicken and stretched it over a cactus. Stretched and pointy.

Haven't noticed the eyes. But you can smile with them. Just squint a little. On a bright day, everyone will think you're happy to see them