Tuesday, December 16, 2008

300 steps

It takes me approximately 300 steps to get to work. Taking into account I have stubby legs and have a tendancy to saunter I will redo this count to try and get a more accurate number.

Step 1 is the worst step. When the cold hits your face and you know there is no turning back to go to bed.

Step 45-70 is a minefield of dog urine and feces. Luckily these are frozen mines and don't stick to the boot. Thanks Joe.

At about step 75 I get onto the road and its smooth sailing from that point forward.

I walk past the medical centre on my left in about the 200 range . And shortly after that the museum is on my right.

While this path does not provide a great amount of exercise I live in the North, and quite frankly getting to work without getting frostbite or hypothermia are much greater concerns.

It is a gorgeous walk and short enough that my legs don't go numb.

Once I get internet at home I will be updating more often. Stay tuned for posts on my trip to the "drug" store, the thrift store, Up North Cable, and the importance of receiving mail.

No comments: