Friday, December 26, 2008

An Experiment

So, I've decided to do an experiment, which in its early stages has started to make me question my sanity.

I am going to put a disclaimer in here that if you are cute, single, and possibly interested in me turn away now and pretend I didn't post this entry. Otherwise read on at your own risk.

The last time I shaved my legs was when I was in Ontario. December 4th, to be exact, in my hotel room near Pearson. Meaning that I haven't shaved in the Yukon.

I see no purpose. On most days I wear an average of 2 pairs of pants. Razors cost about 5 times what they cost in Ontario. Guys up here don't shave their faces. And I am the only one seeing my pasty white legs.

If you are grossed out I gave you advanced warning and you are choosing this.

But there is a problem with my experiment. I want to crack. My socks scratching on the hair is driving me insane. And with the dryness up here my legs itch quite a bit. I'm going to hold out to the one month point. And see how I'm doing.

p.s. the extra leg hair is keeping me warm. And the fact that it is going to -44 this week means I need all insulation possible.

2 comments:

J. William Finch said...

I know I'm in the whole polar (pun intended) opposite demographic that you don't want to be reading this, but hair doesn't bother some people. Like me! I think a guy being as hairy as he generally is, and believe me, as a representative of my gender, I generally AM, would be hypocritical to judge. Tho on any human being, there is just a point of too much. :p

Hey if it's keeping you warm, grow hair everywhere. Face too. And hands. And everywhere else that's cold. Sure you may not like it, but hey, you'll have that many fewer hairy extremities lost to frostbite than someone with a razor. :D

Unknown said...

Hey Jen, Whitney here. Though I'm not near the Arctic Circle, I am much further North than I ever planned to be, and have been suffering -30 weather for the last month or so. Currently we're experiencing a little relief with some -20ish weather.
Anyway, to the point: When I lived in Orillia, I would not shave all winter, the irritation passes once the hair has some time to lose its sharp tips.
Also, as Michael experienced when growing his winter beard, you may find you need to moisturize more.
Anyway, I'm finding your antics entertaining, though I can commiserate only slightly on most of it.
I'd KILL to visit Yellowknife...