Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hibernation

If bears can do it so can I. As a way to explain my lack of blog posts I would like to blame hibernation. True, the days are getting longer, and it is no longer pitch black when I leave my house in the morning and leave work in the evening. But I think hibernation, as a recreational activity is underrated.

In other exciting Yukon news, I went to an art show opening last week. It was at the local gallery and featured members from the community as well as students from the art school in town. There were some interesting pieces, pretty pieces, and those melon scratcher pieces of art such as a line of pencil drawn across a white piece of paper. I will never get art. Topping the disturbing list of art shown at the gallery was one that featured real human blood. I'll leave it up to your imagination of how the artist got this blood.

My favourite part of the art show opening wasn't the art. It wasn't the company of my coworker either. It was the free food. And free wine. But mostly the free food. See there were red peppers there. At this grocery store this week red peppers/ green peppers cost 5.99/pound.... insanity. I just want some fresh peppers. So I had no shame at the art show and stuffed my face with peppers. There was also delicious hummus, cheese, baguette, and broccoli. I may or may not be writing this blog just before lunch. If you out there reading this have any exciting recipes that can be made with absolutely minimal ingredients (Because everything up here is SOOOOOOOO expensive) please let me know. Send e-mails, facebook messages, reply on this. I'm starting to get sick of spaghetti. And I never thought I'd say that.

I shall now return to hibernation. The greatest nation on the planet.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hibernation has affected my brain, grammar, and punction. Please ignore all errors.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you included the disclaimer as a comment on your post.