Sunday, February 8, 2009

2 Months in Dawson

This week was my 2 month in Dawson. I've accomplished a lot in my job since I have been here. Not so much socially. In the next few months my goals are mostly social.

Goal 1: Find a friend that will take you out for a dog sled ride.
Goal 2: Volunteer somewhere in town. Preferably for the Quest.
Goal 3: Walk to the other side of town. And see the ice bridge.
Goal 4: Write some poetry.

That is as ambitious as I feel like being at 10 pm on a Sunday night. I've had a productive day figuring out how to fix my busted shower. The problem with it was the handle of the cold came off. And my roommate put on this temporary handle. The only problem is that cold water shoots out of the temporary handle. I had tried putting plastic bags over it, showering downstairs, and not turning the cold on at all (not my brightest plan) but today I figured it out. Putting a wash cloth over the craporary (a new word for crappy and temporary fix) faucet and it no longer sprays cold water all over me while I am trying to shower. Life is good.

Now if only I could find a way to make my bed not have a wierd dent in it, cover up the nastiness of my shag carpet, and duct tape my dresser into submission life would be ideal.

I should go do readings for my Yukon College Course. My professor is going to be in town for this week's lecture. Which means I can't slack off. But it also means we are having a class dinner before class at the Drunken Goat. And I've heard it has delicious food:) I'll let you all know.

No comments: