Friday, February 13, 2009

Reputation

I'm starting to get quite the reputation around Dawson City. Don't worry Family, its not for any bad reasons, trust me.

I am becoming known as the girl who wears the pink kids boots.

The story is as follows:

In November 2008 I was in Belleville at the Quinte Mall. After a long Peterborough winter the year before I refused to not have good winter boots to keep my feet warm and dry. I didn't care how I looked all I wanted was a sock protector. Because if you do not know this yet I HATE having wet/damp socks. I thought I was going to be in Kingston for the winter so the -20 cold rating seemed adequate.

It is now February. And when I went to the art show a few weeks ago my coworker's friend (who works with my classmate) looked down and was like... "Oh you are the lady with the pink kids boots". I was like "you better believe it". Why would I pay more when a size 4 with velcro fits me perfectly? Despite the fact that they were advertised to -20 with a pair of thermal socks they were perfect in -50 weather.

To summarize (ha you could have had to only read this one sentence) my pink boots with stars on them make me known around town and are super cool.

No comments: