Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Doggies.


I realize it has been a long time. So I am going to try to make this post extra-mega-super-awesometastic.

http://www.yukonquest.com/

If you go to this website the entire blog post will make a lot more sense.

The Yukon Quest is this killer dog sled race which goes from Whitehorse to Fairbanks, Alaska. Take that Iditerod. Anyway, last week was Quest week in Dawson. Which meant Town came to life!

There was a lot of pressure from my coworkers to see a dog sled team to come in. The teams have to come into Dawson and have a mandatory 36 hour rest period. At which point the dogs get massages and the people get to eat.

I planned on hitting up the concession stand because I figured there would be at least 5 different kind of chilis there and lets face it, I hate cooking for myself. I hit the jackpot at the concession however, some wonderful member of the community had brought in sushi. I love the stuff! So I had sushi. It was spectacular:) I also had moose chilli but I'm concerned she mixed it up with the beef one because it tasted quite beefy. At least I can say I ordered moose chili.

And then as I finished eating people started to pour out of the building to see the sled come in. Admittedly, it was a bit anticlimactic but when in the Yukon. Its one of those things that just has to be done!

I will summarize this in 5 words now. Dog.Sled.Sushi.Cold.Mush. (That was almost poetic).

No comments: