Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things that excite me about my job....

I haven't done a good ol fashioned bullet list in a while... And considering the reason I'm up here I thought I'd provide some tidbits for the museum folk and non museum folk alike

  • the coolness of old stuff
  • I have my own desk with my own computer and a really nice desk chair
  • sometimes I find artifacts that are dated on my birthday... so what it if was 63 years before I was born
  • I learn so much about people who don't make it into the history books
  • My coworker Lynn gave me a cookie and sometimes she brings in other treats
  • I get to play with artifacts (but not in a sporty way, just in a I get to catalogue and handle them properly kind of way)
  • the view from my desk/office room is of beautiful trees on the mountains
  • I am directly in the path of the sun when it comes up
  • moldy ledgers get me all excited
  • no day is the same as the one before
  • artifacts don't generally talk back or get angry
  • I can wear jeans to work
  • and the single greatest part of my job is that it is not in the customer service field:)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wait... if I change my path next year, how long for me to get a cool job like yours? Cause I want cookies and treats.