Friday, January 9, 2009

An Open Letter to Sears

Dear Jerks at Sears,

I am sitting at my computer now in awe wondering about your incompetence. I live in the Yukon. Today the temperature is -50. That is right. Half way to -100.

I received an e-mail from your company this morning informing me that my order had been cancelled. This was not an extravagant order like spongebob squarepants slippers or Jessica Simpson Perfume. This order was for snowpants.

I placed the order on December 8 shortly after I moved to Dawson City, Yukon. In this order I purchased two pairs of long underwear, one bath sheet, one parka, and one pair of snowpants. I received my long underwear and towel in a timely manner and was very happy about that transaction.

About two weeks after my parka was ordered I received an e-mail from your company saying my order had been cancelled. I was upset but able to deal with this setback because there were other parka buying options.

The purpose of this e-mail is to express disgust about your system in regard to my snowpants. These snowpants were also ordered on December 8. They, like my parka, were backordered, and were scheduled to arrive on January 7. On January 8, I went to the Sears depot in town to see if my pants were in. There were no pants but that could easily be explained by a lack of mail reaching Dawson City. There is a cold snap going on right now, if you haven't heard. However, I was horrified to look in my e-mail inbox this morning to find that "order status changed" e-mail from your company.

How on earth could you not have known earlier that you were out of snowpants? You would think that if there was a possibility that my pants would not have arrived by January 7, or at all I would have received some sort of notice earlier.

I am angry. I am an upset customer because I am snowpantsless in -40 and -50 temperatures. If I had known I would have purchased elsewhere and would be wearing snowpants right now.

In future if you are going to cancel orders on customers after they are supposed to have received the order you will probably receive more angry letters like this. I am now paying the local inflated price to buy a pair of snowpants so I do not freeze. I wish I had known this earlier so I could have been wearing these pants when I had to go for walks to get groceries in -46.

Thank you for nothing Sears,
Jen Gibson

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sears may suck, but they did deliver to us the remedy for sleeplessness in -45. I have three words for you:
Matress Heating Pad.

Jen said...

Oh I have one of those. They are fantastic. Except it makes it ultracold to leave the house. Its nice to commiserate about the cold with someone. And good to hear from you!