Friday, March 13, 2009

One week

As you might have noticed I have been quite quiet lately. I do not have internet at my new place. So I've been crafty and have been sneaking into my old place to use the internet that I am paying for. And I have been using the phone too. It's not like the house is Fort Knox. It doesn't get locked. And the guys in the house don't really care if I'm there.

Some times I get crafty and use my own phone in my old room.

Anyway back to the point of my post. Mom is coming in a week!!! Yes it does deserve 3 exclamation points. Mom is flying from Toronto to Vancouver and then from Vancouver to Whitehorse and then from Whitehorse to Dawson. The trip to see me is not a short one. When I flew up here from civilization my coworker Nancy met me in the Whitehorse airport and we flew up together. Apparently Nancy is flying up with my mom too!

My mom will be engaging in the typical Dawson Activities... spending too much on food, layering up, and volunteering. She will be taking part in my coworker Jo's program "A Night in the Museum" which I am looking forward to helping out with. Grade 5 and 6 kids will become characters coming to Dawson in the gold rush.

I am all alone at work again. No more assistant. So I've taken to having conversations with myself. Because I miss my witty banter with Wanda.

This is going to be a 2 for 1 day. Yay for 2 blogs!

No comments: